DATE: February 2011
For existing machines:
- 1.4 GHz Processor or faster
- 1GB of RAM or greater
- 10/100/1000 Network Interface Card (NIC)
- Keyboard, Monitor and Mouse
- 40 GB Hard Drive or greater
- For new machines:
Any new retail Windows PC should have the minimum requirements to run Juror.
Warning! Before you purchase net-books or laptops with small screens (maximum resolution under 1024x768), we recommend contacting the AOC to ensure the Juror program can be viewed correctly.
The Juror program can be used with most office printers.
Warning! Some models have been known to not work with the Juror program. Please consult the Jury Technical Analyst as to whether a particular model of printer is supported.
A barcode reader is required for full use of the Juror system. The AOC recommends and provides support for the Wasp WCS3900 with USB barcode reader. http://www.waspbarcode.com/barcode-scanners/wcs3900-ccd-barcode-scanner
2. OPERATING SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Juror is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3)
- Microsoft Vista (although not recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 7
Juror requires the following web browser:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
Adobe Reader (latest version preferred) is required to view Customized Oracle Reports.
Microsoft Excel is recommended. It is required if you wish a digital file to be sent to your Treasurer or County Clerk for jury payments.
3. NETWORK, INTERNET, WIRING REQUIREMENTS
For best use, high-speed internet is required (ie… DSL, Cable, or dedicated trunk)
- Dial-up is not recommended for any continuous connection needs, such as web application work)
Recommended use of ANSI/TIA/EIA wiring for all network connected wiring.
- (ie.. Cat5, 5e, 6 cable)
It is HIGHLY recommended that no HUBS are not used in your network connections.
- Current switch and router components should replace any hubs, and are relatively inexpensive.
- Ensure wiring is clean, un-creased, and easily traceable.
- Recommended that Data speeds from equipment to equipment is consistent to avoid un-necessary network confusion.
4. STANDARD FORMS AND PROCESSING:
The Xerox JUROR software is designed to work with the AOC standardized summon form. The Jury staff will be happy to visit the Circuit Judge/s and Circuit Clerk and explain the summon forms. We will also be happy to answer any questions about what the program can and can’t do in the processing of jury information.