The Program Coordinator will be responsible for implementing strategic priorities of the Arkansas Access to Justice Commission designed to increase access to justice for persons of limited and modest means, including those who are not eligible for legal aid and are unable to obtain full-service private representation. The Program Coordinator’s chief responsibilities will include the following:
- Coordinate with the judiciary, court staff, librarians, legal aid and other partners to ensure that self-represented litigants are able to access the forms, fact sheets, and other assistance necessary to effectively navigate the court system.
- Plan and manage a regular series of pro bono legal advice clinics through the AR Free Legal Answers Program.
- Assist private attorneys in operationalizing court rules related to the provision of limited scope representation by teaching continuing education courses, expanding the Commission’s directory of attorneys offering limited scope services, increasing public awareness of the availability of limited scope services, and maintaining and further developing the limited scope practice resources on the Commission’s website.
- Develop new and support existing programs to ensure that adequate legal services are available in rural areas of the state.
- Support the development of “modest means” pro bono programs.
- Provide other assistance as needed to the bench, bar, and other stakeholders to develop and implement innovations designed to increase access to justice.
A qualified candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to access to justice and be an Arkansas-licensed attorney. Experience working with low-income and other underserved communities is desired.
The Arkansas Access to Justice Commission Program Coordinator is eligible for State benefits, including participation in the Arkansas Public Employees Retirement System and group medical and life insurance. The position is graded GS09, and salary is commensurate with experience within the range for that grade.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and references to:
1111 West 6th Street, Suite D
Little Rock, AR 72201
Minorities, persons of all ages, women, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Position is open until filled.